Friday, February 5, 2010

Designed to Design

I believe in a higher power. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I believe that through Him, I have the right to eternal life. I believe that no science, educated thought on different theories claiming the Bible's "fables", nor first semester Sociology professor who starts all first day lectures off by stating, 'I do not believe in God, and by the end of this semester, I'll bet I can persuade many of you to think like me'...None of that can make me doubt the divine power that has placed things in my life so intelligently, so crafty. I do not believe in coincidence. I believe that everything that happens to me, happens so that through it, God will be glorified. I am not perfect like my Maker is perfect. My imperfections show EVERYDAY.

I have many insecurities. I have anger issues. I have been jealous of friends. All of that, I've asked The Lord to take away. He's working on me. (LOL) Indeed, He is working on me.

There are many things in which I have to sit back and learn. There are a lot of things that I need to shut up about because quite frankly, I'm not a professional in that department on that specific topic or idea. I am not one who is well read or well studied on every subject.

There are some things I do know. One thing that I've been doing, I'm guilty of not giving myself enough credit. There are things I do know. I've confused pure knowledge with arrogance just by my situation. I've allowed others to convince me that what they perceive to be the correct way to handle issues is the only way. Friends and family.

My design was not a mistake. God did not create me to run over people, nor did He create me to submit to the will of others. This post is a self realization. If you're good at what you do, it's not a coincidence.

Don't let anyone make you think that your ideas are not good enough, and the moment you start feeling like you're being pushed against a wall, fight your way out. I do not promote violence, but a fight is something completely different. I think a fight comes about as a necessity, sometimes. You fight for what you believe. You fight to stay alive. You fight to be heard...when others don't believe in you, when you're dying, when others cannot hear you.

You can only keep your tail between your legs for so long before you say, I'm not doing this any more. Once people realize that they have you where they want you, they'll do what they please, and pacify the situation that causes you to stir. Pacification is temporary. I say, don't suck on it at all. Don't be shut up or shut out.

Even if you stand alone, stand for what you believe. Be strong.

I'm an otherling created by God...

Jirod

No comments:

Post a Comment